On 17 March finally put it all together and ran the car - albeit still on the jack stands. Thanks to Eric from AEVA who helped put the wiring together & provided me with circuitry to both make the heater work properly , but also fabricated a dual diode & inductor on DC-DC charger, to prevent reverse draw from 12v battery to main pack.
Subsequent to then I had to completely pull down the dash again to get the ceramic heather out as there was smoke when I turned the heater on.
Eventually I removed all of the high temp silicone ( good as gasket in ICE engines but not so good in this situation) , and replace with Clipsal's fire proof mastic . Not as good a material to hold things in , but doesn't smoke!
Lastly I couldn't get the after market tacho to work on the NPN sensor that was attached to the shaft of the electric motor. Once more Eric to rescue with a resistor to act as a "pull down" resistance.
Stickers placed all over the place & Perspex guards fabricated to prevent unwanted shorting.
Runs great, though road noise m(whirring etc) is a distraction and hopefully will quieten down. Also the AM side of the radio gets a lot of electrical interference. May have to come up with some form of shielding to improve that.
|re-doing the heater|
|The circuitry to prevent back draw from 12v battery|